We're surrounded by a world of pressure to dress and look our best. But what happens when perfection just doesn't come so easily to us? I've made it my mission to be the fairy godmother of helpful hints for anyone who is working towards a career in the fashion world. This is my 'Diary of an Intern'.

Tuesday 5 February 2013

A little bit about me

I was planning on giving you all an over-view of what I'm going to be doing over the next few months but, shock, I've been a little busy and neglected my blogging. 
So just to explain, I'm a magazine journalism graduate (with an NCTJ)...or I will be a graduate if I can just pass the silly law exam. Being into fashion and writing I knew I needed to do a placement somewhere so that my CV would look good and to also make up for the fact that I never actually went to uni. So I started searching back in November last year and got two contributor roles writing for Thelookhit.com and fashionjuices.co.uk. Both great online fashion mags and I would recommend anyone who wants experience with a print magazine (or a good online one) to try and get some contributor roles because it just shows you can write and if they ever ask you for work samples then you've got some ready to send!
I was starting to get a little bit exhausted with hearing no's, or actually no replies at all, from the places I was applying to. Finally, just out of chance, I saw on Twitter that Fabulous mag (comes with The Sun on Sundays) was looking for a lifestyle intern. I immediately replied, sending my CV, cover letter and samples of my work and within a day, the lovely Lifestyle editor got back to me. To cut a long story short, I was given a 2 month internship with them!
So here I am, sat here in my new room in London, exhausted after a busy day at Fabulous, but smiling because I still feel like the luckiest girl ever.
This is what my blog will be, a day to day guide of coping with situations that get thrown at an intern. Chances are I will be making some mistakes so if I share them with you then hopefully you'll be better prepared:)



No comments:

Post a Comment